1.29.2009

Juliana & Christos are Married!

When my mom and business partner, Juliana, met Christos and told us all about him, we couldn't wait to meet him! I remember Kori and I were practically pushed up against the glass of Promise at our old location on Wisconsin Avenue trying to catch a glimpse of him as he picked my mom up across the street at the gas station where she was dropping her car off to get serviced. Even at that distance and in the oh-so-NOT-romantic setting of the Texaco, they looked perfect together. I remember thinking "they are
gonna get married!" I was so glad my mom had at last found someone as special, generous, and wonderful as she is.

Fast forward a year and to everyone's thrill, they got engaged (in Spain). Where did my mom get her dress, you ask? Promise, silly! With the help of Corina and Patti at L'ezu Atelier, we designed my mom's ideal gown - elegant, romantic, and, as she likes to say "appropriate."

Their wedding was at the Ritz-Carlton in Sarasota, Florida, on January 1st. Sarasota was WONDERFUL. If you haven't been, go! The Ritz, true to form, did a spectacular job (they took care of the flowers, music, and food) and Sanaa Photo documented every moment! My mom's small but truly very special wedding went off without a hitch. Christos's mom, brother, sister-in-law, niece, and nephew flew in from Greece, and our extended family (including my grandmother) came in from Philadelphia...not to mention my older sister (Alexis) and her family (two kids under 3!) from Los Angeles, my younger sister (Hilary) from Raleigh, and last, but certainly not least, our new sister, Persephone and her sweetie Eddie all the way from...George Mason!

The ceremony was really beautiful, and it was really moving to see my mom so happy and in love!

As their first dance, my mom and Christos danced the tango! My mom's gown had this sexy slit for all her moves, and the chiffon ruffles at her hem looked lovely as she danced (and yes, she DID wear those serious shoes all night). The four of us daughters were directed to choose dresses in jewel tones for the wedding - since there were no bridesmaids, Mom and Christos wanted us to stand out!

We all had an incredible time, not only at the rehearsal dinner on New Year's Eve (at Michael's on East), but every day we got to spend together as a family before and after their wedding day! With our family spread out so far apart, it was so great to spend so much time together. Some of the images are my very amateur ones, but I am sure you can tell the difference between my pictures and Sanaa's!

- Jessica

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: