6.18.2008

Fabulous Broaches in Eastern Market!

On Sunday, my husband and I went to Eastern Market (yummy Market Lunch!). Eastern Market is one of our favorite places to suggest to Promise brides-to-be to check out the various local vendors for unique and well-priced wedding accesories. There are inexpensive pashminas galore (an excellent and reusable bridesmaid gift), as well as local artisans with wonderful gift items, a great farmers market, and lot more!

So as we were passing through, a table of sparkle and color drew me like a moth to a flame and I met Ms. Mavis Jackson! She has a table at the intersection of C Street and North Carolina Avenue, directly across from the alley. She has an extensive, unique, and lovely array of broaches! I saw many that would be the perfect accent to a bridal gown, and several that would be a great touch for bridesmaids dresses. Not to mention they would all make a wonderful gift!

Her prices were excellent (and she was flexible when I couldn't help myself from purchasing more than one).

So scoot down there and support local businesses, pick yourself up some great broaches from Mrs. Jackson, and have lunch with your sweetie (get the crab cake sandwich)!

- Jessica

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: